The NIT is well integrated into scientific and tourism-related networks.
Partly, these networks are also represented within the different boards of the NIT.
- Forschungsgemeinschaft Urlaub und Reisen e.V. (FUR)
The FUR is an independent association of domestic and international users of tourism research in Germany and carries out the Reiseanalyse. The NIT is the scientific partner of the Reiseanalyse and runs the office of the FUR in Kiel.
- Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel (CAU)
Since its foundation the NIT cooperates closely with the CAU. Numerous members of the University of Kiel are represented on the scientific advisory board of the NIT.
- Fachhochschule Westküste (FHW)
The NIT cooperates with the Institute for Management and Tourism (IMT) at the University of Applied Sciences West Coast, Heide.
The membership of employees in relevant trade associations as well as their representation in decision-making bodies and advisory boards is part of the network of the institute.
- AIEST – International Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism (Martin Lohmann)
- Working group for the Tourism, Hotel and Hospitality Industry at the IHK Kiel (Martin Lohmann)
- Baltic 21 (Agenda 21 for the Baltic Sea Region) Tourism Task Force (Wolfgang Günther)
- Advisory committee for the survey "Sparkassen-Tourismusbarometer Schleswig-Holstein" (Martin Lohmann, substitute: Wolfgang Günther, Kai Ziesemer)
- Consultant network of the Forschungsgemeinschaft Urlaub und Reisen e.V., Kiel (Martin Lohmann)
- BDP – Professional Association of German Psychologists (Martin Lohmann)
- BVM – Professional Association of German Market and Social Researchers (Dirk Schmücker)
- Coalition Clean Baltic NGO/ECO - Network Coordinator Tourism (Wolfgang Günther)
- DGT - German Association for Tourism Science, Dresden (Martin Lohmann)
- German subcommittee Interreg IVB – Baltic Sea Region Programme (Wolfgang Günther)
- EUCC Germanyhttp://www.eucc-d.de/home.html – Coastal Tourism Advisor (Wolfgang Günther)
- Fahrgastbeirat Schleswig-Holstein (Bente Grimm)
- Arbeitskreis Freizeitverkehr & ÖPNV der FGSV - Forschungsgesellschaft für Straßen und Verkehrswesen (Bente Grimm)
- International Federation for IT in Travel & Tourism (IFITT) (Dirk Schmücker)
- INRouTe - International Network on Regional Economics, Mobility and Tourism, Bilbao (Ulf Sonntag)
- Mitglied der Jury für den Kieler Nachhaltigkeitspreis (Bente Grimm)
- NECSTouR - Network of European Region for a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism, Brüssel (Ulf Sonntag)
- Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, Stavanger/N: Editorial Board (Martin Lohmann)
- TRC Tourist Research Center, Wien (Martin Lohmann)
- WTO World Tourism Organisation: Panel of Tourism Experts (Martin Lohmann).
- Maritime Consulting Group e. V., Kiel (Wolfgang Günther)
The NIT has contributed data and findings from the 2018 Reiseanalyse on German outbound tourism to Asia and the interest of Germans’ in travelling to China to the publication UNWTO/GTERC Asia Tourism Trends - 2018 Edition.
UPCOMING Dates and events
ITB 2019, Berlin:
* 6 March 2019, 10:00-11:30, City Cube Berlin, Room M4: At the Online Summit 2019 of the Verband Internet Reisevertrieb (VIR) Ulf Sonntag is presenting selected results of the travel analysis on current developments in the online travel market.
* 6 March 2019, 14:30-15:30, City Cube Berlin, Room A6: Together with Dr. Petra Stolba (Österreich Werbung) and Guido Wiegand (FUR, Studiosus Reisen) Martin Lohmann is presenting first selected results of the Reiseanalyse 2019.
* 6 March 2019, 15:00-16:00, Room Weimar 2, Digitalisation and Sustainability in Tourism: Dirk Schmücker (NIT), Eric Horster (FH Westküste) and Edgar Kreilkamp (Leuphana University) are investigating the question "How will digital transformation change sustainable tourism development in the future?
* 7 March 2019, 11:30, Restaurant Brandenburg: Bente Grimm is presenting selected results from the Reiseanalyse at the press conference of the 50plus hotels (registration required).
* 7 März 2019, 12:00-12:15 Uhr, exhibition hall 11.1, Career Center Stage: Philipp Wagner presents "Die Reiseanalyse, basics for junior staff"
International Conference in Berlin on 2 and 3 April 2019: “Measuring Sustainability in Tourism – Opportunities and Limitations” Dirk Schmücker is talking about: “Demand-side Indicators for Sustainable Holiday Travel: What consumers can tell us.” Further information
More on past events in our archive