Focus on people
People, i.e. those who travel or do not travel as well as those working in tourism are the focus of our work with regard to content as well as methodology.
Preferably, we apply socio-scientific methods in order to generate detailed knowledge about a certain target group of holiday makers or about a specific segment of the tourism labour market or in order to reach a consensus within a certain committee.
The results of our work do not have a normative character. We deliver knowledge about prerequisites required in order to act on certain issues, we highlight possible action strategies and we evaluate consequences. However, we cannot and do not want to take over the decisions to be made from the concerned tourism stakeholders or tourists.
We are convinced that we make a contribution to a development that ensures the wellbeing of guests and hosts today as well as in future.
The NIT has contributed data and findings from the 2018 Reiseanalyse on German outbound tourism to Asia and the interest of Germans’ in travelling to China to the publication UNWTO/GTERC Asia Tourism Trends - 2018 Edition.
UPCOMING Dates and events
ITB 2019, Berlin:
* 6 March 2019, 10:00-11:30, City Cube Berlin, Room M4: At the Online Summit 2019 of the Verband Internet Reisevertrieb (VIR) Ulf Sonntag is presenting selected results of the travel analysis on current developments in the online travel market.
* 6 March 2019, 14:30-15:30, City Cube Berlin, Room A6: Together with Dr. Petra Stolba (Österreich Werbung) and Guido Wiegand (FUR, Studiosus Reisen) Martin Lohmann is presenting first selected results of the Reiseanalyse 2019.
* 6 March 2019, 15:00-16:00, Room Weimar 2, Digitalisation and Sustainability in Tourism: Dirk Schmücker (NIT), Eric Horster (FH Westküste) and Edgar Kreilkamp (Leuphana University) are investigating the question "How will digital transformation change sustainable tourism development in the future?
* 7 March 2019, 11:30, Restaurant Brandenburg: Bente Grimm is presenting selected results from the Reiseanalyse at the press conference of the 50plus hotels (registration required).
* 7 März 2019, 12:00-12:15 Uhr, exhibition hall 11.1, Career Center Stage: Philipp Wagner presents "Die Reiseanalyse, basics for junior staff"
International Conference in Berlin on 2 and 3 April 2019: “Measuring Sustainability in Tourism – Opportunities and Limitations” Dirk Schmücker is talking about: “Demand-side Indicators for Sustainable Holiday Travel: What consumers can tell us.” Further information
More on past events in our archive