Head of tourist mobility research
Phone: +49 (0)431 666 567 18
- Since 2018 Head of tourist mobility research at the NIT
- 2003 - 2018 Project manager at the NIT
- 2001 - 2003 Research assistant for mobility and lifestyle research at the Institute for Social-Ecological Research (ISOE) in Frankfurt/Main
- 2000 - 2002 Freelancer in social research and market research/ translator (Norwegian-German)
- 2000 Thesis on the topic of ‘sustainable mobility’
- 1997 - 2000 Research assistant at ISM Global Dynamics in Kronberg (international market research)
- 1994 - 2000 Studies in sociology, law and modern Scandinavian studies in Gießen und Frankfurt/Main (Degree: Magister Artium)
- 1993 - 1994 International course at the Follo Folkehøyskole in Vestby/Norway
- 1993 Abitur in Friedberg/Hessen
The NIT has contributed data and findings from the 2018 Reiseanalyse on German outbound tourism to Asia and the interest of Germans’ in travelling to China to the publication UNWTO/GTERC Asia Tourism Trends - 2018 Edition.
UPCOMING Dates and events
ITB 2019, Berlin:
* 6 March 2019, 10:00-11:30 a.m., City Cube Berlin, Room M4: At the Online Summit 2019 of the Verband Internet Reisevertrieb (VIR) Ulf Sonntag is presenting selected results of the travel analysis on current developments in the online travel market.
* 6 March 2019, 14:30-15:30, City Cube Berlin, Room A6: Martin Lohmann is presenting first selected results of the Reiseanalyse 2019 (together with Guido Wiegand).
* 6 March 2019, 15:00-16:00, Room Weimar 2, Digitalisation and Sustainability in Tourism: Dirk Schmücker (NIT), Eric Horster (FH Westküste) and Edgar Kreilkamp (Leuphana University) are investigating the question "How will digital transformation change sustainable tourism development in the future?
* 7 March 2019, 11:30 a.m., Restaurant Brandenburg: Bente Grimm is presenting selected results from the Reiseanalyse at the press conference of the 50plus hotels (registration required).
More on past events in our archive