Professor Martin Lohmann, PhD
Academic & Managing Director
Phone: +49 (0)431 666 567 0
- Since 1991: Managing director of the NIT,
- in addition since 2001 Professorship for Business Psychology at the Leuphana University Lüneburg
- 2012 - 2012 Visiting Professorship at the Vienna University of Economics and Business
- 1984 - 1991: Head of Research at StfT, Studienkreis für Tourismus e.V., Starnberg
- 1981 - 1984: Assistant at the Department of Psychology III at the University of Würzburg
- 1975 - 1981: Studies in psychology (in combination with educational science, history, biology, sociology and philosophy; that’s why it took a little bit longer) in Düsseldorf, Kiel and Würzburg; additional job as a tour guide in France and Spain, (Klinger Reisen, Würzburg)
The NIT has contributed data and findings from the 2018 Reiseanalyse on German outbound tourism to Asia and the interest of Germans’ in travelling to China to the publication UNWTO/GTERC Asia Tourism Trends - 2018 Edition.
UPCOMING Dates and events
ITB 2019, Berlin:
* 6 March 2019, 10:00-11:30, City Cube Berlin, Room M4: At the Online Summit 2019 of the Verband Internet Reisevertrieb (VIR) Ulf Sonntag is presenting selected results of the travel analysis on current developments in the online travel market.
* 6 March 2019, 14:30-15:30, City Cube Berlin, Room A6: Together with Dr. Petra Stolba (Österreich Werbung) and Guido Wiegand (FUR, Studiosus Reisen) Martin Lohmann is presenting first selected results of the Reiseanalyse 2019.
* 6 March 2019, 15:00-16:00, Room Weimar 2, Digitalisation and Sustainability in Tourism: Dirk Schmücker (NIT), Eric Horster (FH Westküste) and Edgar Kreilkamp (Leuphana University) are investigating the question "How will digital transformation change sustainable tourism development in the future?
* 7 March 2019, 11:30, Restaurant Brandenburg: Bente Grimm is presenting selected results from the Reiseanalyse at the press conference of the 50plus hotels (registration required).
* 7 März 2019, 12:00-12:15 Uhr, exhibition hall 11.1, Career Center Stage: Philipp Wagner presents "Die Reiseanalyse, basics for junior staff"
International Conference in Berlin on 2 and 3 April 2019: “Measuring Sustainability in Tourism – Opportunities and Limitations” Dirk Schmücker is talking about: “Demand-side Indicators for Sustainable Holiday Travel: What consumers can tell us.” Further information
More on past events in our archive