Head of Sustainable Tourism
Phone: +49 (0)431 666 567 0
- Coastal Tourism Advisor for the EUCC Germany
- Since 2002 Visiting lecturer for tourism-related market research at the department of Geography at the Christian-Albrecht-University in Kiel
- Since April 1999 Project manager at the NIT, since 2001: Associate Director
- 1996 - 1998 Development and management of an information centre for tourism and the environment at the Tourismusverband Schleswig-Holstein e.V. (Tourism Association Schleswig-Holstein)
- 1992 - 1996 Tutor and professional manager at the BUND environmental education centre ‘Umwelthaus Neustädter Bucht’
- 1990 - 1992 Board Member of the Coalition Clean Baltic (CCB)
- 1989 - 1992 Management of the project ‘Maritime protection Schleswig-Holstein’ at the BUND; main topics: protection of the Baltic Sea, tourism
- 1987 - 1989 Civil service at the Deutschen Umwelthilfe e.V., Kiel
- 1981 - 1987 Studies in biology (focus on ecology) at the Christian-Albrecht-University in Kiel
- 1981 Abitur in Bargteheide/Stormarn
The NIT has contributed data and findings from the 2018 Reiseanalyse on German outbound tourism to Asia and the interest of Germans’ in travelling to China to the publication UNWTO/GTERC Asia Tourism Trends - 2018 Edition.
UPCOMING Dates and events
ITB 2019, Berlin:
* 6 March 2019, 10:00-11:30 a.m., City Cube Berlin, Room M4: At the Online Summit 2019 of the Verband Internet Reisevertrieb (VIR) Ulf Sonntag is presenting selected results of the travel analysis on current developments in the online travel market.
* 6 March 2019, 14:30-15:30, City Cube Berlin, Room A6: Martin Lohmann is presenting first selected results of the Reiseanalyse 2019 (together with Guido Wiegand).
* 6 March 2019, 15:00-16:00, Room Weimar 2, Digitalisation and Sustainability in Tourism: Dirk Schmücker (NIT), Eric Horster (FH Westküste) and Edgar Kreilkamp (Leuphana University) are investigating the question "How will digital transformation change sustainable tourism development in the future?
* 7 March 2019, 11:30 a.m., Restaurant Brandenburg: Bente Grimm is presenting selected results from the Reiseanalyse at the press conference of the 50plus hotels (registration required).
More on past events in our archive