Scientific Advisory Board of the NIT
The scientific advisory board accompanies the scientific work of the NIT and therefore represents part of the scientific network of the institute. The members of the scientific advisory board are appointed personally.
- Prof. Dr. Jan Barkmann, University Darmstadt; University of Applied Sience (before: Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development; Department of Environmental and Resource Economics)
- Prof. Dr. Nele Marisa von Bergener, NBS Northern Business School gGmbH, Hamburg
- Johanna Danielsson is Partner and COO at Kairos Future, Stockholm (SE)
- Dr. Dirk Dohse is program coordinator Knowledge, Creation and Growth at the Kiel Institute for World Economy.
- Prof. Dr. Florian Dünckmann is professor of Cultural Geography at the Christian-Albrechts University Kiel
- Prof. Dr. Dieter Frey is the vice dean of the Faculty for Psychology and Education at the Ludwig-Maximilian-University in Munich. He holds the chair in classic social psychology.
- Dr. Jesko Hirschfeld, Institut für ökologische Wirtschaftsforschung (IÖW) (environmental economics and environmental policy)
- Berit Johannsen, Ministry of Education and Culture Issues of Land Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel.
- Dr. Peter-Michael Link is part of Hamburg University's Research Group Climate Change and Security.
- Prof. Dr. Gerd Meier is a professor in methodology and general psychology at the Department of Business Psychology at the University of Lüneburg.
- Prof. Dr. Konrad Ott University of Kiel, Department of Philosophy, philosopher, ethicist of science and environment
- Dr. Anja Stephan, Rostock University Medical Center
- Prof. Dr. Carsten Stick is the head of the Department of Pathophysiology and Climatology at the University of Kiel.
- Dr. Lars Wohlers director KON-TIKI, Lüneburg (environmental education)
The NIT has contributed data and findings from the 2018 Reiseanalyse on German outbound tourism to Asia and the interest of Germans’ in travelling to China to the publication UNWTO/GTERC Asia Tourism Trends - 2018 Edition.
UPCOMING Dates and events
International Conference in Berlin on 2 and 3 April 2019: “Measuring Sustainability in Tourism – Opportunities and Limitations” Dirk Schmücker is talking about: “Demand-side Indicators for Sustainable Holiday Travel: What consumers can tell us.” Further information
More on past events in our archive