- 2007 – present: Head of Research at NIT
- 1998 – 2007: Partner and Managing Director at Project M Tourism Consulting and Research (with Professor Edgar Kreilkamp and Cornelius Obier)
- 1995 – 2007: Ph.D. in Marketing/Consumer Research, Research assistant at Lüneburg University
- 1993: Freelancer at Studienkreis für Tourismus, Starnberg
- 1990 – 1995: M.A. in business administration, geography and tourism management at Lüneburg University (now: Leuphana University)
- 1986 – 1989: Vocational training as tourism expert
- 1967: born in Lünen (Germany)
Fields of work: Travel research, decision making, information processes, destination research, empirical methods, data analytics
Guest lecturer (past and present) at Freie Universität Berlin, Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel, International School of Management Hamburg
UPCOMING Dates and events
On the occasion of the 13th Global Forum on Tourism Statistics in Cusco, Peru, Ulf Sonntag is talking about "How much is too much? Assessing the demand, economic impact and perception of 'sharing accommodation' in tourism destinations".
28.-30. November 2018
At the Label Day 2018 of the Swiss Tourism Association (STV), Martin Lohmann will speak under the title "Experience²" about the significance of holiday experiences, about the psychological and social backgrounds of the experience claim and what practical consequences this can have in product design.
29. November 2018
More on past events in our archive