The EU project Cross-Re-Tour supports the innovation of sustainable and digital processes in companies in the tourism industry. The project provides access to knowledge, tools and innovation and brings tourism businesses together with pioneers of sustainable and digital change outside the tourism industry. In this way, Cross-Re-Tour aims to break down the barriers between sectors in support of sustainable tourism.
The project, which started in September 2023 and will run until September 2026, will support 80 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the tourism, leisure and hospitality sectors in eight countries to implement innovative solutions developed in partnership with other stakeholders. This support is funded up to 100% by COSME – Europe’s program for small and medium-sized enterprises.
The eight project partners are:
- Germany: NIT
- Netherlands: Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUAS)
- Spain: Barcelona Chamber of Commerce (BCC)
- Portugal: INOVA+
- Slovenia: Arctur
- Montenegro: Regional Development Agency for Bjelasica, Komovi and Prokletije (RDA BKP)
- Latvia: Latvian Country Tourism Association (LC)
- Malta: Malta Tourism Authority (MTA)
The first step in the project is an online dialogue with the aim of finding and networking interested tourism SMEs in each of the eight partner countries. It will take place between January and March 2024 and should ideally provide an overview of the most pressing current challenges, build a network, generate ideas and define the next steps in the overall project.
In the further course of the project, there will be a self-assessment tool, webinars and workshops and finally a 14-month funding program in which ten tourism SMEs in each of the eight project countries can receive funding of up to EUR 30.000 for a sustainable/digital project.
Tourism SMEs that are interested in sustainable and digital innovations are invited to take part in the online dialogue – regardless of whether they are already well positioned in terms of sustainability and digitalization or are just starting out!
To take part:
- Go to https://adhocracy.plus/crossretour/
- Click “Register” at the top right
- During registration, check the box “I would like to receive further information”. You will then be informed by e-mail when there is something new in the dialogue or when someone has responded to your post. You will not receive any advertising emails and can change the setting in your user account at any time.
- If you are registered and logged in, click on your country’s flag at https://adhocracy.plus/crossretour/. Click on “+follow” at the top of the title screen to receive updates via e-mail.
- Explore the site, introduce yourself, tell us about your challenges and get in touch with other companies!
Further Information: www.crossretour.eu