The Urban Mobility Days were a three-day conference attracting more than 2000 participants from the sector and featuring an exhibition to showcase the latest innovations. The conference took place from 4-6 October 2023 and was held in English.
Description of the session:
The session focused around following questions:
• How can sustainable mobility solutions support tourist destinations?
• How can heavy tourist traffic be replaced by sustainable mobility options in urban and rural areas?
• How can sustainable mobility choices encourage tourists to choose “off-the-beaten-track” holiday destinations and stimulate the development of sustainable tourism?
Other speakers included:
– Nina Nesterova; Professor Sustainable Development in Tourism and Transport; Breda University of Applied Sciences
– Lee McRonald; International Partnerships Manager at VisitScotland
– Luis Ramajo Rodríguez; Head of Mobility and Sustainability Department at Regional Authority of Andalusia (Junta de Andalucía)
The session was moderated by Sylwia Borkowska from DG MOVE.